The university announced coach J.D. Brookhart's five-year contract extension today.
The Buchtelite will have more on this tomorrow.
- Nick from VanDelaySports.com predicts a 31-16 Akron victory over Buffalo.
- The opening line was Akron - 12. Somehow, it has shot up to a 17-point spread.
- USAToday's Danny Sheridan says the current spread is accurate.
- In today's ABJ, Brookhart talks about the preparation on a short week.
- A win would give Buffalo its first winning streak (two games) since 2001. The UB college paper's story also mentions that linebacker Ramon Guzman is probable to play Thursday.
- Against Boston College, Buffalo's offensive line played awful. The Bulls rushed for negative 12 yards on 14 carries. Against Kent State, however, coach Turner Gill credited the inexperienced line for the blowout win. The Buffalo News reports that linebacker David Hubbard also is probable for Thursday.
An Ohio fan started a MAC basketball blog.
His predictions give Akron the No. 1 spot in the MAC East.