With quality road wins being the RPI-boosting elixir, a win at Kent State Sunday could bring Akron into at-large consideration, the PD's Elton Alexander writes.
I have to add stipulations to that:
- Akron makes it to the MAC Championship game.
- Akron loses the MAC Championship game by one point in triple-overtime. Romeo Travis and Dru Joyce don't play in the game because of a 24-hour flu virus.
- Every single mid-major favorite wins its conference tournament.
- No underdog team from high-major conferences makes a run in its respective tournament to curry late-season favor with the selection committee.
- LeBron James pulls out his checkbook.
My point is, the Zips have received no respect from any committee since I've been here. Men's soccer, football, basketball. It doesn't matter. And it won't matter on Selection Sunday unless absolutely everything falls into place.
- 2013 (115)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)