The Zips will play Bowling Green at 8 p.m. at Rhodes Arena. I think it will be a slaughter. But let's not forget that Bowling Green beat Kent State on the road.
Here's some stories to check out...
- The Plain Dealer says the Zips are worth checking out in their "Today's Game Plan" section.
- Elton Alexander's preview talks about BG being a great offensive team, but lousy on defense.
- The Buchtelite's Michael Beaven wrote about how the Zips need to shut down the Falcons' perimeter game.
- The ABJ's Tom Gaffney reports on the feedback he received when he asked, "Why don't you come to games?"
- Akron received eight votes in this week's Associated Press Top 25 poll, which is more than Rick Pitino's Louisville Cardinals (4).
- The Zips got one vote in the Coaches Poll.
- USA Today's Danny Sheridan has Akron winning by 13.
- Other sites say Akron will win by 13 or 13.5.
- Rob Preston was this week's MAC East Player of the Week. He also was the Buchtelite's Zips Athlete of the Week. Read our interview with him.