I have been saying all year that Buffalo was overrated. Then the Bulls started conference play with a 5-7. That's when the media finally realized Buffalo sucks.
Here's a chance to see if my theory holds. The Zips (20-7, 13-3) haven't won at Buffalo (17-11, 7-9) in four years.
- Tom Gaffney wrote about the differences between this year and last.
- GoZips.com gives good statistics, such as how Buffalo is +3 in rebounding margin this season. Also, the Bulls and Zips are the MAC's top free-throw shooting teams.
- Cleveland.com posted a preview that says Buffalo can win if they crash the boards and play good perimeter defense. But it predicts an Akron victory.
- Here is a list of Buffalo's leading scorers from ESPN.com. As you can see, the Bulls have five solid players, but their bench is paper thin.
- The USA Today's Danny Sheridan says Akron will win by one.
- Oddsmakers say it might be even money.
- I'm picking Akron. Buffalo has lost at home to Central Michigan, Miami and Kent State this year. At this point in the season, Buffalo's depth becomes even more of a concern. The Bulls are 2-7 in their last nine games.
- My pick is Akron 71, Buffalo 62.