Sorry for not posting much yesterday. I gave blood. That resulted in me sleeping a total of 15 hours last night.
Anyhow, tonight your first-place Zips (17-5, 10-2) will travel to Ypsilanti, Mich. to play Eastern Michigan (5-15, 2-10).
- Here is Tom Gaffney's ABJ preview, which talks about holding a lead on the road. It also talks about the New York Times story that is on the way about the Zips.
- For my column about how the Zips can hold a lead on the road, click here. Last week, I said the Eastern Michigan game would be a critical test to see if the Zips have learned to hold a road lead.
- Here is Elton Alexander's PD preview, which reminds readers what coach Keith Dambrot said at the beginning of the MAC season: To win the MAC East, you will have to sweep the MAC West. Akron is one game away from doing that.
- Here is GoZips.com's preview, which mentions Akron is among the nation's leaders in 3 pointers made per game (8.3).
- Akron's big men will have to contend with EMU's star center John Bowler, who averages 18.9 ppg and 10.2 rpg. At Rhodes Arena last month, Akron won by 18 and kept Bowler in check. He had 16 points and nine rebounds. If not for Bowler, EMU would be the worst team in the MAC in almost every statistical category.
- Akron is between a nine- and 10-point favorite to win. Our friend Danny Sheridan did not weigh in on USAToday.com.
- My prediction? I think Akron will win. How? It could be a 20-point blowout or an overtime squeaker.
- In other MAC East action today, Buffalo plays at Central Michigan, and Bowling Green is at Toledo.
- Sunday's MAC East games include Kent State vs. Northern Illinois, Miami vs. Ball State and Ohio @ Western Michigan.