Akron (19-6, 12-2) will play Miami (15-8, 11-3) tonight in Oxford. This will be the most difficult of Akron's remaining regular-season games, in my opinion. The RedHawks are red hot, winning six straight games.
- Tom Gaffney's ABJ preview talks about Miami's turn around since losing in Akron on Jan. 26.
- GoZips.com points out that Akron has only lost back-to-back games once in the Keith Dambrot era.
- Akron fell to 14th in the Mid-Major Top 25 after its loss to Nevada. Kent State rose to ninth. Miami (26th) needed eight more votes to break the top 25. Ohio is the only other MAC team that is ranked. The Bobcats are No. 44.
- The Zips lost all their votes in the Coaches and AP polls.
- Danny Sheridan has Miami as a three-point favorite to win tonight.
- Oddsmakers are saying the same thing.
- Elton Alexander's short PD preview rightly states that the Zips need a signature road win.
- As we saw when the RedHawks came to Rhodes Arena, Miami's defense is solid. Still, Akron found a way to win by also playing stiffling defense. The Zips will need help from Darryl Peterson, who played very well the first time the teams matched up.