OhioVarsity.com announced its Class of 2011 Preseason Top 150 high school football players in the state of Ohio.
Doran Grant is ranked No. 1 and Steve Miller is ranked No. 5 on the list that has several area players on it.
The local players on the list are:
1. Doran Grant, DB, St. Vincent-St. Mary
5. Steve Miller, DE, Canton McKinley
22. Devin Smith, WR, Massillon Washington
29. Tommy Brown, OL, Firestone
44. Max Pirman, LB, Orrville
57. Mark Murphy, DB-RB, St. Vincent-St. Mary
60. Justin Olack, WR, Massillon Washington
63. Connor Cook, QB, Walsh Jesuit
78. Evan Shimensky, QB, Kent Roosevelt
80. Rakim Reed, TE, Canton Timken
104. Aaron Macer, DB, Twinsburg
107. Johnny Lowdermilk, LB-QB, Carrollton
108. Terrence Pegram, DB, Aurora
129. Kevin Brewton, TE, Garfield
132. Drew Kaser, K/P, Walsh Jesuit
The staff of OhioVarsity.com, along with support from other Rivals.com network sites and recruiting analysts, evaluated hundreds of Ohio’s top prospects before finalizing the preseason rankings. Included in the evaluation process was a review of each prospect’s highlight film, personal observations and camps and combines and recommendations from high school and college coaches. Rivals.com is owned by Yahoo!
The rankings will be revised midway through the 2010 season.