Final update at 7:50 p.m. -- The following are local girls results from Friday's state meet in Columbus. We'll be updating with results from the finals. The finals for several events will also be held Saturday. For the complete results, click here.
- 3,200-meter relay: North Canton Hoover won in 9:09.45. The team's members were Erin Garfield, Kelsey Peare, Hannah Christ and Allison Peare.
- 3,200-meter relay: St. Vincent-St. Mary won in 9:17.15. The Irish's relay members were Emily Tomei, Samantha Kirk, Tessa Weigand and Marie Arnone. Woodridge (9:30.43) took fourth, Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (9:34.71) placed fifth and Crestwood (9:54.52) finished 14th.
- Discus: Southeast senior Brooke Lamar took second with a throw of 128 feet, 6 inches. State champ: Poland Seminary senior Allison Rice (128-10).
- High jump: Chippewa senior Brandy Kelley won the high jump with a height of 5 feet, 7 inches. Manchester junior Christina Matheny took third with 5-4.
- 3,2000-meter relay: St. Thomas Aquinas placed 15th in 10:14.53. The relay team members were Tessa Laubacher, Victoria Laubacher, Jackie Perkins and Julia Pusateri. State champs: Gilmour Academy (9:31.28).
- Discus: Hillsdale senior Brittany Funk placed sixth with a throw of 130-1. State champ: McDonald senior Joh'Vonnie Mosley (151-4).
- Pole vault: Dalton junior Jess Smith placed sixth with a height of 11 feet. State champ: Pandora-Gilboa sophomore Ellie Braidic (12-3).
- High jump: Rootstown sophomore Ashleigh Pickens took fifth with a height of 5-4.
- Shot put: Hillsdale's Brittany Funk (40-5) and Kim Habegger (39-7) took sixth and seventh, respectively.