Final update at 7:50 p.m. -- The following are local boys results from Friday's state track meet in Columbus. We'll be updating with results from the finals. The finals for several events will also be held Saturday. For the complete results, click here.
- 3,200-meter relay: Wadsworth won in 7:39.72, setting a new state record. Jacob Sussman, Aaron Tipton, Russ McCune and Jake Hiltner were the team members.
- 3,200-meter relay: Woodridge won in 7:54.09. Juniors Vibushan Sivakumaran, Kyle Cochrun, Jimmy Charles and sophomore Drake Sulzer ran for the Bulldogs. Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (7:58.41) was runner-up. St. Vincent-St. Mary (8:02.01) took fourth.
- Long jump: Northwest senior Bryan Jones finished third with a distance of 22 feet, 1 3/4 inches. Buckeye junior Jake Boettner (21-6) took sixth and Manchester sophomore Cort Logan (21-3 1/2) placed seventh. Southeast junior Damian Pennington (20-9 1/2) took 11th. State champ: LaGrange Keystone senior Corry Sprouse (22-9).
- Pole vault: Orrville senior Eric Bowers placed fourth with a height of 14-4. State champ: Mansfield Ontario senior Jamey Robson (15-8).
- 3,200-meter relay: St. Thomas Aquinas won the state title in dramatic fashion. Anchor Maurice Kirksey took the lead in the final 15 meters, helping his team finish in 7:50.08. Other team members were Matt Dougherty, Jordan McKelley and Ron Maksim. "I realized that my team really wanted a state championship and that was our goal the whole year, so I found another gear and I kicked it in," Kirksey said. Added McKelley: "I just feel blessed. I can't believe we won."
- Shot put: Smithville senior Michael Howell took sixth with a throw of 52-7 3/4. State champ: North Robinson Colonel Crawford senior Isiah Kent (60-7 1/2).
- Long jump: Dalton junior Greg Blevins took ninth with a distance of 20-5 1/4.
- Pole vault: East Canton senior Cody Marshall won with a personal-best height of 15 feet, 7 inches. He's an Ohio State recruit.