• Title: Chairman and chief executive officer of Chick-fil-A
• Age: 60
• Hometown: Jonesboro, Ga.
• Family: wife Rhonda; sons Andrew and Ross
• Education: Bachelor of science in business administration, Georgia Southern University
• Work history: According to Chick-fil-A’s website, Cathy began his lifelong career at the company at age 9 singing songs for customers and doing radio commercials for the chain’s original “Dwarf House” restaurant in Hapeville, Ga. After college, he was named director of operations — opening more than 50 new Chick-fil-A restaurants throughout the country. He was senior director of operations, vice president of operations and executive vice president before being appointed president and chief operating officer in 2001.
• Hobbies: Cathy has an Airline Transport Pilot license, has run marathons, plays the trumpet and enjoys gardens.
Source: Cox Newspapers staff research, Chick-fil-A website