The Greater Akron Chamber has named the 30 young professionals who will be recipients of its annual “30 for the Future” awards this year.
The program honors people ages 25 to 39 whose contributions affect their industries and the Akron area in positive ways.
Independent committees selected the recipients based on professional and community accomplishments, team building and leadership. The individuals were nominated by members of the Greater Akron Chamber, regional for-profit and nonprofit organizations and their own organizations.
An awards ceremony will take place at 5 p.m. Sept. 11 at the Galaxy Banquet Center. It is open to the public. Tickets are $50 for Chamber members and $60 for nonmembers.
For more information or to RSVP, visit www.greaterakronchamber.org. For sponsorship information, call 330-237-1253.
The 2014 recipients are:
• Rachel Barnette, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.
• Joel Bingham, EnviroScience Inc.
• Anne Bitong, Akron Marathon.
• Adrienne Bradley, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
• Ken Burns, TinyCircuits.
• Samantha Coldwell, Barberton High School.
• Nathan Eppink, Summit Metro Parks.
• Amber Genet, Westfield Insurance.
• Douglas Harley, Akron General Medical Center-Center for Family Medicine.
• Tiffany Herbert, BCG & Co.
• Megan Hershberger, FedEx Truckload Brokerage.
• Craig Horbus, Witschey Witschey & Firestine Co., LPA.
• Danielle Hupp, Kent State University.
• Matthew Jentner, Jentner Wealth Management.
• Keri-Ann Kalavity, Gillmore Security Systems.
• Kurt Kleidon, Kleidon & Associates.
• Jerel Klue, Signet Enterprises, LLC.
• Scott Kolligian, Leiby Hanna Rasnick Towne Evanchan Palmisano & Hobson, LLC.
• Bryan Morgan, Sterling Jewelers.
• Nicole Mullet, University of Akron.
• Kurt Reed, Fairlawn School of Music and Hudson School of Music.
• G. Dante Roulette, Summa Health System.
• Laura Shank, Apple Growth Partners.
• Jeff Sitz, City Cleaners.
• Hillary Stewart, FirstEnergy.
• Timothy Ulbrich, Northeast Ohio Medical University.
• Erin Victor, Ken Stewart’s Restaurants.
• Laura Wallerstein, Brennan, Manna & Diamond, LLC.
• Richelle Wardell, Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority.
• Alexandra Wright, Youth Excellence Performing Arts Workshop.