Looking at mobile shopping by the numbers:
• 46 percent of shoppers will use smartphones.
• 41 percent will use tablets.
• 14 percent use coupons from their mobile phone.
• 1 in 3 smartphone owners ages 18 to 34 will purchase gifts from their phone.
• 30 percent of visits to a retailer’s website will come from a smartphone or tablet.
• 14 to 20 percent of sales for retailers with website will come through mobile devices.
• 41 percent of smartphone shoppers plan to spend less than $100 on mobile.
• 4 in 10 shoppers will shop from mobile device while they are in a store.
• 72 percent of smartphone owners use at least one shopping app.
Source: Based on consumer studies by PriceGrabber, Adboe, Deloitte, Burst Media and Google Think Insights