There’s some new stores and shuffling of spaces to replace stores that have closed going on at Summit Mall in Fairlawn.
Mall officials on Friday said four new tenants would be joining its more than 120 stores.
“We are excited about adding these dynamic brands to the Summit Mall mix of retailers,” said Kate Miller, area director of marketing and business development for Simon Property Group. “We’re always looking for new tenants to enhance the shopping, dining and entertainment experiences for our guests.”
Here’s what’s coming or moving:
• Victoria’s Secret Pink: This subsidiary of the women’s lingerie and clothing brand Victoria’s Secret, offers trendy but comfortable fashion including panties, loungewear, hoodies, sweats and swimwear. Victoria’s Secret Pink also sells collegiate and professional team-branded items. The retailer is scheduled to open late summer in the 4,510 square feet of space formerly occupied by Williams-Sonoma. The kitchen specialty store will close Jan. 20.
• Yankee Candle: This store will relocate to a 1,480-square-foot space next to Pandora that is currently occupied by a temporary tenant, said Miller. The new Yankee Candle will open in May, but the existing store will remain open until the move, she said.
• Teavana: This specialty tea and teawares retailer will open in late summer in the former Yankee Candle and an adjoining temporary space and will share the former space with another new retailer. The 870-square-foot store will be located next to Kay Jewelers and will offer more than 100 varieties of premium loose-leaf teas and artisan tea accessories.
• Brighton Collectibles: This accessories store will feature products to coordinate matching ensembles and will open this fall. Brighton will occupy 1,275 square feet of space, also part of the old Yankee Candle and temporary store, and offer accessories including jewelry, wallets, handbags and sunglasses, as well as footwear and home goods.
• American Commodore Tuxedo: This retailer is temporarily expanding its current store in time for prom season in the spring. The retailer will introduce a new prom line, including dresses, shoes and accessories. The store will temporarily expand into the space next door to make room for the new line, which debuts next month. In late spring, the retailer will move to their new permanent location, the former Cleveland Indians Team Shop, which occupies 1,981 square feet. Mall officials said there was not an announcement at this time about what will take the other spot.
Also, recently opened in the food court are Chop It, which makes made-to-order salads, wraps and smoothies. Chop It opened in mid-December. Also, Kabab Masala, which features Indian cuisine, opened in October.