Here are product details of toys designed by Little Tikes of Hudson and Step2 of Streetsboro. Toys highlighted are made locally or in Ohio, unless otherwise noted. Most are rotational plastic molded items and might contain smaller parts that are imported from China or other countries.
All toys can be seen online with descriptions, prices, retailer lists and Beacon Journal videos at www.ohio.com/betty.
• Corvette Bed: Available in August at Toys R Us and online retailers. It is the first licensed bed for Step2 and represents the Corvette Model Z06. The bed fits both a toddler (crib) mattress and a twin mattress. $299 without working lights; a light kit is sold separately for $29.99. Coordinating pieces, including a Corvette dresser at $109.99, are also available.
• Easy Steer Sportster: The push-around buggy has a caster wheel for cornering and steering. There is also a cup holder and phone holder. The handle folds under for easy storage. $69.99 at Costco and online.
• Tropical Island Resort: The water table has a large, open area for more than one child to play comfortably and comes with 14 accessories, including characters. The geyser can be pumped to watch water flow. $79.99, sold at Toys R Us and online retailers.
• My Clubhouse: A new playhouse has a picnic table, chalkboard and weatherproof fabric canopy roof. There’s a swinging door, crawl space and secret compartment. Includes a dry-erase board above the door. $179.99 at Toys R Us and online.
• All Around Wagon: Updated wagon has more cup holders, an exterior compartment for storage, seats that fold down into a flatbed or a table for one child, and a handle that folds under the wagon for transport. Featured with and without canopy. Retails without canopy for $79.99, with canopy for $99.99 at Costco and online.
• Fort Slide-Away: This is Step2’s biggest free-standing slide with a built-in fabric and mesh fort below. $139.99 at Toys R Us and online.
• Tike Stix: Construction toys for preschoolers come in four varieties: The Clubhouse has 50 interlocking pieces that fit together to make a clubhouse and other creations with fabric and fabric clips included for the roof. The Playhouse has 41 pieces. $49.99 each. The Rocket has 30 pieces to make a rocket and other creations and the Dog House has 30 pieces to make a doghouse and puppy and other creations. $29.99 each. Available at Walmart, Walmart.com, Toys R Us and Toysrus.com.
• Big Digger Sandbox: This construction site sandbox has a sand area with molded ramps and roadways. A working excavator digs in the sand and the truck ramp doubles as a lid. Set includes two characters, dump truck and sand accessories. $49.99 at Toys R Us, Toysrus.com and Walmart.com.
• Lookout Swing Set: Designed to complement any outdoor environment and includes a climbing wall, steering wheel, slide and two seat swings. $399.99 at Toys R Us., Toysrus.com and Walmart.com.
• Activity Garden: A new version with all-around play for infants to toddlers. The product, which is made in China and designed in Hudson, grows with babies by encouraging them to explore and use fine motor skills. There is a removable double-sided play panel with a mirror, clock and other features. $79.99 at Walmart.com, Walmart.
• Pillow Racers: This ride-on toy lets children have a plush pillow character that easily attaches and detaches onto a ride-on toy with four caster wheels for easy, quick turns. Made in China, these come in a Ladybug, Turtle and Dino with new characters in the fall. $39.99 at Toys R Us, Toysrus.com, Target, Target.com, Walmart, Walmart.com.
— Betty Lin-Fisher