By Cheryl Powell
Beacon Journal medical writer
- Fate of Towpath Marathon, with 1,200 runners, in flux because of federal shutdown
- Military not exempt from layoffs; military burials delayed; kids miss trip to Gettysburg and D.C.
- Thousands on furloughs across Ohio due to government shutdown
- Stop being so stupid, voters tweet to Congress
- Obama, lawmakers to meet on shutdown’s 2nd day
- Tearful WWII veteran turned away from Ohio museum because of shutdown
- Federally run health-care marketplace faces technical difficulties
- Dems, GOP trade blame, say shutdown might drag on
Beacon Journal Publishing Co.