The retirement of longtime, high-ranking executive Mark T. Clark was among management changes announced by Akron-based FirstEnergy Corp. on Wednesday.
Clark is executive vice president of finance and strategy. He has worked for the company for 37 years.
More than 10 changes were disclosed as the company said it expanded some roles and responsibilities in what it called “succession planning.”
All changes are effective Jan. 1.
Here are highlights:
• James F. Pearson, senior vice president and chief financial officer, who previously reported to Clark, will report to Anthony J. Alexander, president and chief executive officer.
• John W. Judge, vice president of corporate risk and chief risk officer, will report to Pearson.
• Leila L. Vespoli, executive vice president and general counsel, has been named executive vice president of markets and chief legal officer.
• Robert P. Reffner, formerly vice president of legal, has been named vice president and general counsel, reporting to Vespoli.
• Joining Vespoli’s organization are Donald R. Schneider, president of FirstEnergy Solutions, and David W. Pinter, who has been named executive director of business development from director.
In FirstEnergy’s Utilities group:
• Charles E. Jones, senior vice president and president, has been named executive vice president and president.
• Mark Mroczynski, director of operations support for Ohio Edison, has been named executive director of the Transmission Reliability Enhancement Project, reporting to Jones.
• Bennett Gaines, senior vice president and chief information officer, who previously reported to Clark, will report to Jones.
• Steven E. Strah, vice president of distribution support, will oversee two additional areas: Customer service, headed by Vice President Ronald I. Green, and energy efficiency, led by Vice President John C. Dargie. Strah will continue reporting to Jones.
• George J. Farah, formerly vice president of fossil engineering and construction, has been named vice president of human resources. Farah will report to Lynnette M. Cavalier, senior vice president of human resources.
• Christine L. Walker, executive director of human resources, and Charles P. Cookson, executive director of labor relations and safety, will report to Farah.
• Charles D. Lasky, vice president of fossil operations, has been named vice president of fossil operations and engineering, assuming the additional responsibilities previously held by Farah.
About Clark, Alexander said in a news release: “Mark has played a key role in shaping the company’s strategic direction and growth, and he was an integral part of the effort that built FirstEnergy into one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. His vast knowledge and experience have helped guide our company through both growth and challenges, and I appreciate all he has done for FirstEnergy.”