• NAME: Mary T. Barra.
• AGE: 51 (turns 52 on Dec. 24).
• EXPERIENCE: Roles at General Motors have included vice president of global human resources and vice president of global manufacturing engineering. Named senior vice president of global product development in February 2011. Named executive vice president, global product development and global purchasing and supply chain in August. Member of the GM executive operations committee and serves on the Adam Opel AG supervisory board.
• EDUCATION: Started with GM in 1980 as a General Motors Institute (Kettering University) co-op student at the Pontiac division. Bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering. MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business in 1990 after receiving a GM fellowship in 1988.
• FAMILY: Married with two children.
• APPOINTMENTS: Board member of Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute and General Dynamics. Trustee of Kettering University. GM’s key executive for Stanford University and University of California-Berkeley.
— Associated Press