Where to buy dry cottage cheese
Because dry cottage cheese is highly perishable, it’s best to call first to make sure the shop has it.
• The Pierogi Lady, at Hartville Marketplace, 1289 Edison Place NW, Hartville, sells it for $4.50 per pound. The shop is open Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., phone 330-690-2129.
• Pierogi’s of Cleveland sells it for $6 per pound at its Richfield store, 4131 W. Streetsboro Road. The shop is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., phone 330-608-0683.
• LVIV International Food Store, 5689 State Road, Parma, has it for $4.69 per pound. The shop is open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays, phone 440-887-1199.
• Irene Dever’s stand at the West Side Market in Cleveland, 1979 W. 25th St., where it sells for $4.50 per pound. The market is open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday and 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday; phone 216-696-4567.
• By mail, from Westby Cooperative Creamery, Westby, Wis. Phone 800-492-9282, ext. 4, to order a 4-pound tub for $11.55 ($2.89 per pound), plus $15 shipping.