A couple of weeks ago I answered a question on replacing a zipper on a small leather change purse. At the time I couldn’t find anyone locally to do the work, but several readers stepped forward to make suggestions.
I’m devoting this week’s space to passing along their information in the hope it’s helpful to others.
I called all the individuals and businesses they suggested, and what follows is a list of those that said they can replace zippers on leather goods. However, several noted they’d need to see an item before determining whether they could fix it, and a few cautioned that zipper replacements can be expensive, especially on small items.
Here’s the list:
• Bowman Harness, Mount Hope area of Salt Creek Township, Holmes County. 330-893-4151.
• Sharen Weygandt, Orrville. 330-464-7774. Weygandt also does work for Bill’s Cobbler Shop in Canton and Leather By Design in Orrville.
• Holmes Tarp Shop, Hardy Township near Millersburg. 330-231-9906.
• Vince’s Shoe Repair, Akron. 330-535-1312.
• Vaughan’s Custom Made Sport Wear, Marlboro Township near Hartville. 330-877-9677.
• Shoemaker’s Outlet, Ravenna. 330-297-6313.
Have a question about home maintenance, decorating or gardening? Akron Beacon Journal home writer Mary Beth Breckenridge will find answers for the queries that are chosen to appear in the paper. To submit a question, call her at 330-996-3756, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name, your town and your phone number or email address.