Both Ohio Edison and Dominion East Ohio offer some programs for customers to help with energy savings and encourage efficiency. Here’s some information on their programs.
Dominion East Ohio
Dominion has contracted with GoodCents to offer home energy audits on your home for $50. You must be a residential customer of Dominion with an active account and not eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) or in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus). Ohio Edison also offers an energy audit through Honeywell for $100.
More information about the Ohio Edison/FirstEnergy programs can be found at www.energysaveohio.com
• The online Home Energy Analyzer – register for an account, answer several questions about your home and energy use and the free Home Energy Analyzer will provide specific tips that can help you save on your energy bills into the future.
• Rebates of up to $600 on heating and cooling system tune-ups and replacements. Get $25 back on the tune-up of an existing air conditioner.
• A $50 incentive for customers when they have their old refrigerator hauled away and recycled. Old refrigerators can add up to $150 to a home’s energy bills each year.
• Discounts on the purchase of some clothes washers (must have electric water heater), refrigerator-freezers, room air conditioners and dehumidifiers, certain floor lamps and surge protectors.
• The Easy Cool Rewards program provides customers with a professionally-installed $250 programmable thermostat that can help reduce household heating and cooling costs by up to 15 percent.
• A program that encourages customers to build energy-efficient new homes.
Programs also are available for business customers of FirstEnergy’s Ohio utilities.