Tips for preparing the story of your life
Interested in writing an ethical will? Here are some ideas to help you get started.
1. Over time, write a few words or a sentence or two about things such as:
• Beliefs and opinions.
• Things you do to act on your values.
• Something you learned from grandparents, parents, siblings, spouse
• Something you learned from experience.
• Something for which you are grateful.
• Your hopes for the future.
• Details about the important events in your life.
2. Imagine that you had only a limited time left to live. What would you regret not having done?
3. Save items that articulate your feelings, like quotes and cartoons.
4. Review what you’ve collected after a few weeks or months. Group similar ideas together and revise the categories into paragraphs. Add an introduction and conclusion.
— Dr. Barry Baines at http://www.ethicalwill.com