Several local agencies are offering informational sessions and in-person enrollment assistance for people seeking health insurance coverage through the new Health Insurance Marketplace or the state-run Medicaid program.
Here are details:
• For information about applying for Medicaid coverage, visit http://benefits.ohio.gov/. Online applications will be accepted beginning Dec. 9. Summit County residents also can call the Summit County Department of Job and Family Services at 330-643-8200 for information or to request a paper version of the application form.
• Certified application counselors from AxessPointe Community Health Center will be available from 3 to 6 p.m. Dec. 17 and 4 to 7 p.m. Dec. 18 at the Barberton Public Library, 602 W. Park Ave. Information also is available at http://axesspointe.org/ or by calling 888-975-9188.
• AxessPointe and Summit County Public Health will have certified application counselors available to provide information and enrollment help from noon to 7 p.m. Tuesday and Dec. 10 at the Job Center, 1040 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron.
• AxessPointe and the Summit County Public Health will be distributing information and answering questions about new health-care options from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 13-16 at the Metro RTA Downtown Transit Center, 631 S. Broadway, Akron.
• An Affordable Care Act information session will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 9 at the Hudson Library and Historical Society, 96 Library St. Featured speaker Annette Brodecky of AxessPointe will share information and answer questions about the new federal health-care law.
• Summit County Public Health, the county’s health department, also is offering appointments with certified application counselors by calling 330-926-5660.
• Public libraries throughout the county are providing contact forms to request to speak with a certified application counselor through Summit County Public Health or AxessPointe.
Cheryl Powell can be reached at 330-996-3902 or email@example.com. Follow Powell on Twitter at twitter.com/abjcherylpowell.