People Helping People is a list of charitable causes in our area that need donations or volunteers. The Beacon Journal has not investigated these causes, so donors should verify their worthiness and the tax-deductibility of contributions.
A link to a form for submitting requests to People Helping People can be found at www.ohio.com/charity, along with tips on researching charities and a list of causes already published.
Questions about submitting information? Call Mary Beth Breckenridge, 330-996-3756.
Project RISE, 70 N. Broadway, Room 300, Akron, OH 44308, is seeking donations for its Children’s Clothing Room. Specifically, it needs:
• New or gently used uniform pants and long-sleeve shirts in boys and girls sizes 8, 10 and 12, as well as plus and husky sizes. Shirts can be navy blue, white or light blue. Pants can be black, navy blue or khaki.
• New dress, casual and athletic shoes in all sizes for children and youth.
• New or gently used children’s coats of all sizes.
For information, call the United Way Volunteer Center, 330-643-5512.
Mobile Meals Inc., 1063 S. Broadway, Akron, OH 44311, provides hot and frozen meals, supplements and nutrition education to people of all ages who are at nutritional risk. It is seeking the following:
• Donors for its Adopt a Senior program to help fragile and vulnerable seniors pay for their meals. A gift of $750 provides meals for one year; $375, six months; $185, three months; and $60, one month. Contributions may be made by mail or at www.mobilemealsinc.org.
• Volunteers to deliver meals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays and 8:30 to 11 a.m. Saturdays. Meals are picked up at a number of convenient locations. Deliveries number from 10 to 15 households.
Contact Phil Marcin at 330-376-7717 or email@example.com.