12-oz. bag fresh cranberries
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup orange juice
Pinch of salt
In a medium saucepan over medium-high, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries have popped and softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and select one of the flavor combinations below:
• Add 1 minced chipotle pepper and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce. Allow to cool, then stir in 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
• Allow to fully cool, then stir in ½ teaspoon truffle oil and 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives.
• Stir in ½ cup crumbled well-cooked bacon, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and an extra ½ cup brown sugar.
• Stir in 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon and the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
• Stir in 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger and 2 tablespoons sweet white miso.
Makes 8 servings.
— Alison Ladman