Mark your calendars. Ohio is filled with a ton of beer festivals.
Some, such as the Cincy Winter Beerfest in Cincinnati, will draw thousands. Others will attract hundreds.
Here’s a rundown for 2014. The list is lengthy — and incomplete. There are many big events not on the list, including the Scene Ale Fest in Cleveland and Blues & Brews in Akron. Some organizers didn’t respond to requests for details, or a date or location hadn’t been selected yet.
• Jan. 11: Lancaster Winter BrewFest at The Lodge in Lancaster. www.facebook.com/lancasterbrewfest.
• Jan. 17-18: Columbus Winter Beerfest at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, featuring about 300 beers. www.columbusbeerfest.com.
• Jan. 31-Feb. 1: The first Cleveland Winter Beerfest at the Cleveland Convention Center, with about 300 beers. www.clevelandbeerfest.com.
• Feb. 1: AleFest Columbus. www.alefest.com.
• Feb. 1: Grandview High Gravity Hullabaloo in Columbus, a celebration of strong beers and smoked meats. http://grandviewcraftbeer.com/hullabaloo.
• Feb. 6-13: Cincinnati Beer Week. Events throughout the community. http://cincinnatibeerweek.com.
• Feb. 7-8: Ravenwood Castle Beer Tasting Weekend in New Plymouth. www.ravenwoodcastle.com.
• Feb. 14-15: Cincy Winter Beerfest at the Duke Energy Convention Center, with about 350 beers. www.cincybeerfest.com.
• Feb. 28: Glass City Beer Fest at the Lucas County Recreation Center in Maumee. www.glasscitybeerfest.com.
• March 1: Winter Warmer Festival at Windows on the River in the Powerhouse in Cleveland. www.ohiocraftbeer.org.
• March 1: AleFeast Dayton. www.alefest.com.
• March 7-9: Bockfest at locations throughout the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood in Cincinnati. Organizers say it’s the world’s largest bockfest and celebration of bock beer. www.bockfest.com.
• March 28-29: StarkBier Fest at Listermann Brewing/Triple Digit Brewing in Cincinnati. It’s a celebration of strong beers with more than 7.5 percent alcohol by volume. http://listermannbrewing.com.
• May 31: Big Tap In at the Shepherd Event Center in Boardman. www.bigtapin.com.
• June 7: Mini Real Ale Festival at Barley’s Smokehouse in Columbus. Firkins of real ale from around the state and country. http://smokehousebrewing.com.
• June 13-14: Jungle Jim’s International Beer Fest in Cincinnati, with more than 350 beers and 100 breweries. www.junglejims.com/beerfest/.
• July TBD: Volksfest at Listermann Brewing Co. in Cincinnati, featuring Cincinnati brewers. http://listermannbrewing.com.
• July 11-19: Ohio Brew Week in Athens. More than 200 Ohio-made craft beers served at venues around town, plus dinners, speeches and demonstrations. www.ohiobrewweek.com.
• July 26-27: Burning River Fest at Whiskey Island in Cleveland, featuring beer from Great Lakes Brewing Co. www.burningriverfoundation.org.
• August TBD: Columbus Summer Beerfest at the LC Pavilion in Columbus.
• Aug. 29-Sept. 1: Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea. Includes a microbrew competition. http://clevelandoktoberfest.com.
• Sept. 12-13: Cincy Beerfest on Fountain Square in Cincinnati, with more than 200 craft beers.
• Sept. 12-14: Ohio Pawpaw Festival at Lake Snowden in Albany, celebrating the native Ohio fruit and beers made with pawpaw. www.ohiopawpawfest.com.
• Sept. 12-14: Ohio Craft Brew Festival at North Market in Columbus. www.northmarket.com.
• Sept. 13: Chardon Brewfest. www.chardontomorrow.org/events/brewfest/.
• Oct. 10-18: Cleveland Beer Week. Beer-related events around the city. www.clevelandbeerweek.org.
• Oct. 11: Big Beers & Barley Wines at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Dayton. www.bigbeersdayton.com.
• Oct. 18: Brewzilla at the Galleria in downtown Cleveland. The festival concludes Cleveland Beer Week. www.clevelandbeerweek.org.
— Rick Armon