From Apartment Guide, tips for keeping clutter in check.
• If you haven’t worn a piece of clothing in a year, chances are that you won’t. Give away items you don’t wear to create more space for those pieces that you do.
• Don’t be afraid to rethink your entire closet/storage space layout. Oftentimes a full reorganization and layout upheaval can yield big results, and you may find space where you least expect it.
• If you’re hard up for storage, seasonally switch out your closets.
• Keep your clothing stacks to a reasonable height, and re-evaluate the items you choose to keep to make space less cluttered looking.
• De-cluttering aids like shoe racks, belt hangers, and scarf bins help keep things organized and are a great way to ensure you know what you have.
— Alan J. Heavens, Philadelphia Inquirer