People Helping People is a list of charitable causes in our area that need donations or volunteers. The Beacon Journal has not investigated these causes, so donors should verify their worthiness and the tax-deductibility of contributions.
A link to a form for submitting requests to People Helping People can be found at www.ohio.com/charity, along with tips on researching charities and a list of causes already published.
Questions about submitting information? Call Mary Beth Breckenridge, 330-996-3756.
Community Support Services Inc., 150 Cross St., Akron, OH 44311, is a behavioral health-care agency that provides treatment, rehabilitation, advocacy and support for recovery, primarily to persons most in need.
It is seeking volunteers to help pack approximately 1,500 holiday bags for its clients. To volunteer, call the United Way Volunteer Center, 330-643-5512.
Cuyahoga Falls Good Neighbors provides food for families in need throughout the year and clothing and gifts during the Christmas season.
The organization is seeking monetary donations to buy nonperishable food. Donations may be mailed to the organization at P.O. Box 233, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44222.
It is also seeking donations of nonperishable food, paper and soap products and unwrapped gifts for people of all ages. Items may be dropped off at these times and places:
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. today or Thursday at the Good Neighbors location at First Christian Church of Cuyahoga Falls, 2253 Third St. Use the Stow Street entrance.
• 8 a.m. to noon Friday at Faber Foundation, 1872 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls.
In addition, Cuyahoga Falls Good Neighbors needs adults, seniors and youths to help with its holiday distribution. Help is needed at these times at the Faber Foundation:
• 12:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday for food sorting and bagging.
• 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday for food bagging and gift setup.
• 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Dec. 18 and 19 for helping clients.
• 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 20 for helping clients and cleanup.
Children in elementary school who are accompanied by parents may help sort food on Sunday. Children 14 and older may sort and bag food or help with other jobs.
To volunteer, call Kim Gaug at 330-928-8057 between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesdays or Thursdays, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.