People Helping People is a list of charitable causes in our area that need donations or volunteers. The list ends New Year’s Day, but the charities’ needs do not. Please consider supporting the causes of your choice throughout the year.
Information about People Helping People and a list of causes already published can be found at www.ohio.com/charity.
David’s House, P.O. Box 26601, Akron, OH 44319, helps homeless youths and provides opportunities for them to learn life skills.
It is seeking the following:
• Donations of grocery store or department gift cards.
• Monetary donations to help pay for shelter, utilities and food and clothing provided to each youth.
• Donation of a storage unit and a good, running vehicle for its mission.
• Volunteers to send greeting cards to youths who have lost parents to cancer.
For information, call 330-773-7731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pet-Guards Shelter & Clinic, 950 Hardy Road, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223, provides shelter for unwanted pets as well as low-cost spaying, neutering, vaccinations and other veterinary care for sheltered pets and the community. It is seeking the following:
• Monetary donations for a blacksmith and for fence repair and replacement.
• Painters willing to volunteer to paint the facility’s exterior.
• Donations of winter and summer horse blankets, automatic water troughs for the horse fields, run-ins for foul weather, a new or gently used horse trailer, Suburban Surgical metal cages, bleach, high-efficiency (HE) liquid laundry detergent, scoopable cat litter, gravel for the driveway, a leaf vacuum for its mowers, a new roof for its facility, a carport, copy paper, Dannon vanilla yogurt and Oster clippers for grooming.
For information, contact Bob Turney at 330-431-9391 or PGTurney397@aol.com.
Items may be dropped off from noon to 6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, or call and leave a message to arrange a drop-off time.
The organization’s website is http://petguards.com.