People Helping People is a list of charitable causes in our area that need donations or volunteers. The Beacon Journal has not investigated these causes, so donors should verify their worthiness and the tax-deductibility of contributions. A link to a form for submitting requests to People Helping People can be found at www.ohio.com/charity, along with tips on researching charities and a list of causes already published.
Questions about submitting information? Call Mary Beth Breckenridge, 330-996-3756.
South Street Ministries, 130 W. South St., Akron, OH 44311-1964, is seeking donors to provide two gifts each for a child living in the Summit Lake neighborhood. Instructions and gift ideas will be provided.
For information, call the United Way Volunteer Center, 330-643-5512.
Cuyahoga Falls Good Neighbors provides food for families in need throughout the year and clothing and gifts during the Christmas season.
The organization is seeking monetary donations to buy nonperishable food. Donations may be mailed to the organization at P.O. Box 233, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44222.
It is also seeking donations of nonperishable food, paper and soap products and unwrapped gifts for people of all ages. Items may be dropped off at these times and places:
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 4, 6, 11 or 13 at the Good Neighbors location at First Christian Church of Cuyahoga Falls, 2253 Third St. Use the Stow Street entrance.
• 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 14 at Faber Foundation, 1872 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls.
In addition, Cuyahoga Falls Good Neighbors needs adults, seniors and youth to help with its holiday distribution. Help is needed at these times at the Faber Foundation:
• 12:30 to 4 p.m. Dec 16 (food sorting and bagging).
• 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 17 (food bagging and gift setup).
• 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Dec. 18 and 19 (helping clients).
• 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 20 (helping clients and cleanup).
Children in elementary school who are accompanied by parents may help sort food on Dec. 16. Children 14 and older may sort and bag food or help with other jobs.
To volunteer, call Kim Gaug at 330-928-8057 between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesdays or Thursdays, or email email@example.com.