Absentee voting for Ohio’s Aug. 6 special election is beginning today.
Five Akron-Canton area communities will have issues on the ballot:
• Cloverleaf schools in Medina County — An 8.3-mill additional emergency levy and 6.3-mill emergency renewal.
• Field schools in Portage County — A 5.5-mill additional levy for current expenses and permanent improvements.
• Orrville schools in Wayne County — A 7.55-mill renewal levy for operations.
• Norton in Summit County — Charter amendment to prohibit the imposition of fees for installation of sewer and waterlines in the city and capping monthly use fees.
• Litchfield Township in Medina County — A 3.2-mill additional levy for fire and EMS.
In all, voters in 23 counties will decide 29 local issues, including 19 school issues and a handful of local tax levies, bond issues and charter amendments in the special election.
County boards of election also will mail out absentee ballots beginning today to voters who have already requested them. All other voters have until noon Aug. 3 to request an absentee ballot by mail or by contacting their election boards.
An absentee ballot request form can be downloaded at www.MyOhioVote.com.
The deadline to register to vote in the Aug. 6 election is Monday.