All CATEGORIES
☰ Menu

$1 million prize winner tells Ohio judge he’s broke

Associated Press

CINCINNATI: Within months of being awarded a $1 million casino prize, a Cincinnati man got busted and went broke.

Fifty-two-year-old Kevin Lewis got the money through a Horseshoe Casino giveaway last summer. But The Cincinnati Enquirer (http://cin.ci/1l5BcAv ) reports that Lewis told Hamilton County court officials the money was gone, much of it to paying bills for other people.

Common Pleas Judge Jerome Metz Jr. on Wednesday sentenced Lewis to three years of probation for Lewis’ guilty pleas to drug possession and trafficking. He was arrested in December on charges of trafficking marijuana and pain pills. He could have been imprisoned for more than five years.

His attorney told the judge Lewis was left disabled and hooked on painkillers after 2012 hip surgery. But the judge noted Lewis had earlier drug convictions.



MORE IN NEWS

 
  • Main Blog Promo
  • Cavs Blog Promo
  • Browns Blog Promo
  • Indians Blog Promo
  • Beer Blog Promo
  • Fracking Blog Promo
  • Entertainment Blog Promo
  • High School Blog Promo
  • Zips Blog Promo
  • Akron Dish Food Blog
Prev Next