Beacon Journal staff report
- Norton reschedules council committee work session
- Akron Zoo closed through Tuesday
- Stow recreation programs cancelled
- Even ski resorts shut down by bitter cold snap; casino, too
- Green postpones school board meeting
- Stow providing shelter for residents without heat
- Revere school board postpones 2014 organizational meeting
- Arctic blast shuts schools throughout Ohio
- Richfield closes village offices, cancels council meeting
- Subzero ‘polar vortex’ pushes frigid air across U.S.
- Wind chill warning expires across region Wednesday
- Stow Municipal Court closes due to weather; county court remains open
- Area closings and delays
- Doctors urge caution as thermometer drops
- Cold weather could extend holiday break for schools
- Jan. 25, 1985, was Ohio record for wind chill with readings of 70 to 80 degrees below zero
- Homeless shelter prepares for rise in clients as temperatures drop
- Akron schools to remain closed Tuesday
- How to prevent and deal with frozen pipes
Today’s cold temperatures has prompted Akron City Council to cancel its meetings set for today.
The cancellation applies to this afternoon’s committee meetings as well as tonight’s regular council meeting.