Beacon Journal staff report
- Akron Zoo closed through Tuesday
- Area closings and delays
- Green postpones school board meeting
- Arctic blast shuts schools throughout Ohio
- Even ski resorts shut down by bitter cold snap; casino, too
- Wind chill warning expires across region Wednesday
- Stow Municipal Court closes due to weather; county court remains open
- Subzero ‘polar vortex’ pushes frigid air across U.S.
- Stow providing shelter for residents without heat
- Norton reschedules council committee work session
- Stow recreation programs cancelled
- Revere school board postpones 2014 organizational meeting
- Richfield closes village offices, cancels council meeting
- Akron City Council meetings cancelled today
- Doctors urge caution as thermometer drops
- Cold weather could extend holiday break for schools
- Jan. 25, 1985, was Ohio record for wind chill with readings of 70 to 80 degrees below zero
- Homeless shelter prepares for rise in clients as temperatures drop
- How to prevent and deal with frozen pipes
All Akron Public Schools will be closed Tuesday.
The district made the announcement about 9:30 a.m. Monday, citing the extreme cold temperatures and wind chill expected over the next 24 hours.
Unlike Monday, when some APS personnel reported to work, Tuesday’s closure includes all district employees.