Beacon Journal staff report
Applications for commercial driver’s license (CDL) training through a new city of Akron initiative will be available by Wednesday at 11 community centers, one school, the Akron Urban League and online at www.akronohio.gov, the city said Monday.
Previous announcements indicated the applications would be available at all Akron Public Schools’ community learning centers; that information has been revised.
The 12 community sites are:
• Balch Street Community Center, 220 S. Balch St.
• Ed Davis Community Center, 730 Perkins Park Drive.
• Ellet Community Center, 2449 Wedgewood Drive.
• Firestone Park Community Center, 1480 Girard St.
• Joy Park Community Center, 825 Fuller St.
• Kenmore Community Center, 880 Kenmore Blvd.
• Lawton Street Community Center, 1225 Lawton St.
• Mason Park Elementary, 700 E. Exchange St.
• Northwest Family Recreation Center, 1730 Shatto Ave.
• Patterson Park Community Center, 800 Patterson Ave.
• Reservoir Park Community Center, 1735 Hillside Terrace.
• Summit Lake Community Center, 380 W. Crosier St.
The city plans to have two classes of 24 resident/students each (48 total) to train with an outside contractor to become qualified to hold a commercial driver’s license.
Applications will be collected for two weeks. They can be turned in at the Akron Urban League or the city Personnel Department. Addresses will be provided on the applications.