Beacon Journal staff report
- Ohio gas prices relatively steady ahead of freeze
- Kasich calls on lawmakers to add calamity days to school calendar; districts also eye online alternative
- Akron-area temperatures heading for deeper freeze
- Ohioans warned about wind as temperatures plummet; hundreds of schools closed; large vehicles banned from turnpike
- Stow sets up warming center
- Area closings and delays
- Municipal courts to close Tuesday
- Metro offers Transit Center as warming center
Kent State University’s main campus will close at 3 p.m. Monday and will be closed through Tuesday, the university said in an alert sent to faculty and staff.
The campus will reopen Wednesday.
Campuses in Jackson Township, Warren, East Liverpool and Salem will follow the same schedule.
Kent State’s Tuscarawas campus will have no classes Monday afternoon or evening. No decision about Tuesday had been made.
University alerts are available at www.kent.edu/advisory.