Beacon Journal staff report
- Ohio gas prices relatively steady ahead of freeze
- Kasich calls on lawmakers to add calamity days to school calendar; districts also eye online alternative
- Akron-area temperatures heading for deeper freeze
- Ohioans warned about wind as temperatures plummet; hundreds of schools closed; large vehicles banned from turnpike
- Stow sets up warming center
- Area closings and delays
- Metro offers Transit Center as warming center
Akron Municipal Court and Portage County Municipal Court will be closed Tuesday because of the expected inclement weather.
The Akron court will reschedule any hearings set for Tuesday and plans to reopen at 8 a.m. Wednesday, weather permitting. A notice about the closure was posted on the court’s website, http://courts.akronohio.gov/.
Akron Municipal Court serves Akron, Fairlawn, Lakemore and Richfield, along with Bath, Richfield and Springfield townships and the part of Mogadore in Summit County.