By Jody Miller
Special to the Beacon Journal
- Akron Zoo closed through Tuesday
- Stow recreation programs cancelled
- Wind chill warning expires across region Wednesday
- Richfield closes village offices, cancels council meeting
- Even ski resorts shut down by bitter cold snap; casino, too
- Stow providing shelter for residents without heat
- Stow Municipal Court closes due to weather; county court remains open
- Subzero ‘polar vortex’ pushes frigid air across U.S.
- Area closings and delays
- Doctors urge caution as thermometer drops
- Cold weather could extend holiday break for schools
- Jan. 25, 1985, was Ohio record for wind chill with readings of 70 to 80 degrees below zero
- Homeless shelter prepares for rise in clients as temperatures drop
- Arctic blast shuts schools throughout Ohio
- Akron schools to remain closed Tuesday
- Green postpones school board meeting
- Norton reschedules council committee work session
- Akron City Council meetings cancelled today
- How to prevent and deal with frozen pipes
BATH TWP.: The Revere Board of Education has postponed its 2014 organizational meeting, due to weather conditions, until Wednesday.
David Forrest, the district’s chief financial officer and treasurer, said the location and time remain the same, 5:30 p.m. in the district’s Administration Building, 3496 Everett Road.
Board members will elect presiding officers for the year, make committee assignments, address routine housekeeping items, such as adoption of bylaws and policies, and set the schedule for regular board meetings for the 2014 calendar year.