Beacon Journal staff report
- Akron Zoo closed through Tuesday
- Stow recreation programs cancelled
- Wind chill warning expires across region Wednesday
- Stow Municipal Court closes due to weather; county court remains open
- Stow providing shelter for residents without heat
- Even ski resorts shut down by bitter cold snap; casino, too
- Subzero ‘polar vortex’ pushes frigid air across U.S.
- Area closings and delays
- Doctors urge caution as thermometer drops
- Cold weather could extend holiday break for schools
- Jan. 25, 1985, was Ohio record for wind chill with readings of 70 to 80 degrees below zero
- Homeless shelter prepares for rise in clients as temperatures drop
- Arctic blast shuts schools throughout Ohio
- Akron schools to remain closed Tuesday
- Green postpones school board meeting
- Norton reschedules council committee work session
- Revere school board postpones 2014 organizational meeting
- Akron City Council meetings cancelled today
- How to prevent and deal with frozen pipes
RICHFIELD: The village’s Administrative Offices closed at noon Monday due to the severe weather and will remain closed until 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The Richfield Village Council meeting scheduled for 8 p.m. Tuesday has been cancelled.