Beacon Journal staff report
- Akron Zoo closed through Tuesday
- Stow providing shelter for residents without heat
- Subzero ‘polar vortex’ pushes frigid air across U.S.
- Wind chill warning expires across region Wednesday
- Area closings and delays
- Doctors urge caution as thermometer drops
- Cold weather could extend holiday break for schools
- Jan. 25, 1985, was Ohio record for wind chill with readings of 70 to 80 degrees below zero
- Homeless shelter prepares for rise in clients as temperatures drop
- Arctic blast shuts schools throughout Ohio
- Even ski resorts shut down by bitter cold snap; casino, too
- Akron schools to remain closed Tuesday
- Green postpones school board meeting
- Stow Municipal Court closes due to weather; county court remains open
- Norton reschedules council committee work session
- Richfield closes village offices, cancels council meeting
- Revere school board postpones 2014 organizational meeting
- Akron City Council meetings cancelled today
- How to prevent and deal with frozen pipes
STOW: The city’s Parks and Recreation Department has cancelled all programs scheduled for Monday afternoon and evening and all day Tuesday.
Affected programs include all basketball games (elementary, seventh/eighth grade, high school and men’s), senior center offerings, yoga and body sculpting.
A senior luncheon Monday at Stow-Glen Retirement Village remains on the schedule.
For more information, call 330-689-5159.