Beacon Journal staff report
- University of Akron classes cancelled
- Follow winter storm developments on Twitter
- Akron attorney says ignore urban legend: Shovel the sidewalk
- Area closings and delays
- Snow, ice bring Akron area to crawl as dangerous conditions persist
- Wooster man killed in two-vehicle crash in Stark County
Summit, Medina and Wayne counties declared snow emergencies Wednesday and urged drivers to use caution when traveling on snow- and ice-covered roads.
Authorities throughout the Akron area are dealing with accidents, including vehicles sliding off the road.
None of the accidents early Wednesday were considered serious.
Numerous communities in the area have instituted parking bans, including Akron, Barberton, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Norton, Mogadore, Lake Township, Louisville and Wadsworth.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning that remains in effect until 5 p.m. The Akron area is expected to receive another 1 to 4 inches of snow.
The snow may mix with sleet and possibly freezing rain in the morning, the weather service said.