Beacon Journal staff report
- Stage notes: Trayvon Martin, race, privilege topics of plays
- Akron attorney says ignore urban legend: Shovel the sidewalk
- Area closings and delays
- Snow, ice bring Akron area to crawl as dangerous conditions persist
- Summit, Medina and Wayne counties declare snow emergency; communities issue parking bans
- Wooster man killed in two-vehicle crash in Stark County
- Follow winter storm developments on Twitter
Classes on all University of Akron campuses were cancelled Wednesday due to the inclement weather.
An email from the university said most of Wednesday’s Rethinking Race events were cancelled as well, with the exception of the Trayvon Martin plays at the Balch Street Theater. Organizers will attempt to reschedule everything, except the preview of the play “Race” by the Weathervane Theater, which will not be rescheduled.
Employees should report at their normal start times, according to the email. Any updates will be posted at http://www.uakron.edu.