Beacon Journal staff report
- Kent State cancels classes for Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday
- Ohioans warned about wind as temperatures plummet; hundreds of schools closed; large vehicles banned from turnpike
- Stow sets up warming center
- Municipal courts to close Tuesday
- Ohio gas prices relatively steady ahead of freeze
- Area closings and delays
- Akron-area temperatures heading for deeper freeze
- Kasich calls on lawmakers to add calamity days to school calendar; districts also eye online alternative
- Persistent below-zero temps visit Midwest again
- Metro offers Transit Center as warming center
Summit County Children Services said Monday that the agency’s Foster Parent Association meeting scheduled for this evening has been canceled due to inclement weather.
Also, the agency’s Family Interaction Center will be closed Tuesday due to the predicted weather conditions and wind chill factors.