Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
Other road construction:
• Third Avenue bridge, between Innovation Way and Kelly Avenue: Closed to all traffic for replacement until late December. A detour is posted.
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• Fifth Street Northeast and Fairview Avenue intersection in Barberton: Closed for sewer repairs until Dec. 20. Fifth Street Northeast (state Route 619) will be closed from Taft Avenue to Fairview Avenue. Southbound traffic must detour at Taft, northbound traffic must turn right onto Fairview. Other detours will be posted. Maxwells’ Recycling and Sun Inn will remain open for business. Emergency traffic from the north to the hospital is advised to travel East State Street to East Ninth Street to East Paige Avenue.
• I-77 in Fairlawn, Richfield and Bath Township: I-77 in both directions between the Cuyahoga County line and Cleveland-Massillon Road will have nightly lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August 2013.
• State Route 82 eastbound to I-271 northbound entrance ramp in Macedonia: Closed until the completion of the Highland Road bridge project. Detour is Macedonia Commons Boulevard to state Route 8 to I-271.
• North Huntington Street, between Bradway Street and West Homestead Street in Medina: Closed until Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily for water main installation. Access to all homes will be maintained. The road will reopen during nonworking hours.
• Beechwood Drive, between North Harmony Street and Lindenwood Lane in Medina: Closed until early December for road reconstruction. Local access will be maintained during most of that time. A detour is posted.
• State Route 5 in Charlestown Township: Rock Springs Road is closed on the northbound side of Route 5 through mid-December. Detours are posted.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and the Tuscarawas County line will have lane restrictions for paving through mid-December.
• North Main Street, from Applegrove Street to Orion Street in North Canton: Restricted to one lane of traffic in each direction for road reconstruction. Driveway access will be maintained throughout the project, which is expected to be completed in December.
No current projects to report.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement in Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Independence: Through fall, there are overnight lane closings on I-77 between Wallings Road and I-80. On Valley Parkway over I-77 in Brecksville, two-way traffic is maintained with a temporary signal until further notice. On Oakes Road, Highland Drive, Snowville Road, Lacy Lane, Harris Road and Chestnut Road, only minor work remains.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.