Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Interstate 77, between Waterloo Road and the central interchange: Until further notice, there are occasional daytime shoulder closings in both directions for bridge repairs.
• State Route 59 (Akron Innerbelt) lane restrictions: Starting Friday at 6 p.m., Bartges Street westbound over Route 59 will be closed until 6 a.m. Tuesday for bridge repairs. Also, West Center Street over Route 59 will be closed during the same times for bridge repairs. Detours will be posted. Until further notice, the innerbelt between I-76 and North Main Street in both directions will have lane restrictions for resurfacing.
• Firestone Parkway, between Wilbeth Road and Firestone Boulevard: Closed until late August for road reconstruction. Also, Firestone Boulevard is closed between Main Street and Firestone Parkway. Access maintained to Bridgestone parking deck and parking lot for Firestone Stadium, as well as for local businesses. Detour via Main Street and Cole Avenue for Firestone Parkway and Firestone Boulevard traffic. All trucks are required to follow detour.
• Johnson Street/McGowan Street area, between Inman Street and Brunner Street: Lane closings will occur until late August on various streets in this area for replacement of gas mains and reconnection of gas services. Flaggers will assist in guiding traffic through work zones.
• Vernon Odom Boulevard, just west of Interstate 77 southbound exit ramp: There will be lane closings until the end of May to replace a utility shaft in the westbound curb lane.
• East Market Street, between Fountain Street and Arlington Street: Lane restrictions to upgrade traffic signals until the end of May.
• Englewood Avenue, between Seiberling Street and General Street: Closed for underground work until late November. Traffic is diverted to East Market Street.
• Cedar Street and Broadway, at the intersection: The right lane of Cedar approaching Broadway and the right lane of Broadway from Selle to Exchange will be closed for construction until further notice.
• Harrington Road, between Warner Road and Swartz Road: Closed until late in 2014 for dam repair and bridge reconstruction. Access to park entrances will be maintained. A detour is posted.
• Riverview Road, from West Bath Road to 1,000 feet north: The northbound lane will be closed during working hours to repair pavement and guardrail damage caused by recent storms. A zoned signal light system will allow access through the work zone one direction at a time. Emergency vehicle access maintained. Motorists will have full access to the road outside of the construction times. It is expected to fully reopen after June 13.
• Bath Road, between Akron-Peninsula Road and Northampton Road: Closed until about May 30 to repair damage to pavement and ditches caused by storms. Motorists can access the Metro Park and houses from Northampton Road. Detour via Akron-Peninsula, Theiss and Northampton roads.
• Cuyahoga Street, between Uhler Avenue and Sackett Avenue: Closed until about June 6 to repair damage to pavement and curbs caused by storms. The Valley View Golf Course and Metro Park can be accessed from the south only, via Uhler Street. A detour is posted.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• Interstate 76 under Summit Road in Norton: Until further notice, there will be nightly lane restrictions in both directions between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. for bridge construction. Summit Road over I-76 is closed through early July. Detour is Barber Road to Norton Avenue to Wooster Road.
• I-271 in Richfield and Richfield Township: The Brecksville Road bridge over I-271 is reduced to one lane with a traffic signal through early June for bridge rehabilitation. Also, Route 303 over I-271 is restricted to one lane in each direction for bridge work. I-271 between I-77 and the Ohio Turnpike will have two lanes of traffic in both directions, but northbound traffic is split with one lane crossed over onto I-271 southbound.
• State Road northbound, between Cochran Road and Graham Road: Until further notice, there will be daily lane restrictions for road widening.
• State Route 8 and I-271 in Macedonia: Until further notice, the ramp from Route 8 northbound to I-271 northbound has occasional lane restrictions for noise wall installation.
• I-76, from State Route 57 to the Summit County line: There are lane restrictions for cable rail installation within the median as part of the I-76 rehabilitation project. There will be single-lane closings during daytime hours for paving. The project is to be completed in July.
• State Route 162, between the Lorain County line and the Spencer limits: There are intermittent lane closings for pavement repair work. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in July.
• Remsen Road, at its bridge over I-71: Closed for a bridge rehabilitation project through mid-September. Detour via Weymouth Road, Ledge Road and Ridge Road.
• Sleepy Hollow Road, at its bridge over I-71 in Brunswick Township: Closed for a bridge rehabilitation project. Motorists should use U.S. 42, state Route 303 and County Road 17 around the closing. It is expected to be closed through October.
• State routes 43, 59 and 261 in Kent, Ravenna and Franklin Townships: Route 59 between Menough Road and South Scranton Street will have lane restrictions for resurfacing. Route 43 from the northern Kent limits to the southern Streetsboro limits will also have lane restrictions for resurfacing, as will Route 261 from the eastern Kent limits to Route 59. The project is to be completed in mid-October.
• State Route 82 in Hiram and Garrettsville and Windham, Hiram and Mantua townships: Until further notice, Route 82 from just east of Sheldon Road to the Trumbull County line will have daily lane restrictions for resurfacing.
• Rock Springs Road, between state Route 5 and Cable Line Road in Charlestown Township: The bridge over the West Branch Reservoir will be closed for repairs until late June.
• U.S. 30, near the state Route 241 exit in Tuscarawas Township: There will be daily lane restrictions for culvert repairs through late May.
• U.S. 30 and state Route 183 in Minerva, Paris Township and Washington Township: Route 183 between Beech Street and the Columbiana County line will have daily lane restrictions for resurfacing. U.S. 30 in Minerva will also be resurfaced. The project is to be completed by early September.
• U.S. 62, and state routes 173, 183 and 225 in Alliance, Washington and Lexington townships: Route 173 over the railroad in Alliance will be reduced to one lane in each direction for bridge repairs through late May. Beeson Street over U.S. 62 will be reduced to one lane in each direction for bridge repairs. U.S. 62 between routes 173 and 225 will have daily lane restrictions through October. This is the beginning of a project to add new decks and perform minor repairs on nine bridges.
• I-77 in Bethlehem, Pike and Canton Townships: Until further notice, Gracemont Avenue under I-77 will be reduced to one lane with traffic maintained by a signal. Until further notice, I-77 southbound traffic between the Tuscarawas County line and Fohl Road will be split with one lane of southbound traffic crossed over onto I-77 northbound, while the second lane remains on I-77 southbound. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction, though I-77 southbound may be reduced to one lane from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. This is part of a resurfacing project that includes bridge repairs and replacement of two bridges on I-77 over Gracemont Avenue.
• State Route 241, between the northern Massillon limits and the Summit County line in Jackson Township: There will be daily lane restrictions for resurfacing. A left-turn lane will also be added on Route 241 at Oakdale Street. The project is to be completed in late August.
• State Route 94, one-quarter mile north of Back Massillon Road in Baughman Township: Reduced to one lane of traffic for bridge work. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained with a temporary signal through mid-May.
• U.S. 250/State Route 83, between the East Lincoln Way interchange and Dover Road: Reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for a pavement project. It is expected to be completed in July.
• State Route 301, one-quarter mile north of state Route 604: Reduced to one lane of traffic for bridge repair. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with a temporary signal through early June.
• State Route 604, one-half mile west of Overton Road in Congress Township: Closed as part of a slide repair project. There is also a culvert replacement project within the same area. The road is expected to reopen at the end of June.
• I-77 bridge deck replacement over Cuyahoga River Valley, Independence and Cuyahoga Heights in Cuyahoga County: The I-77 southbound ramp to I-480 westbound and the I-480 eastbound ramp to I-77 northbound are closed until early November. I-77 southbound motorists will be detoured via I-490 westbound to state Route 176 southbound to I-480 westbound. I-480 eastbound motorists will be detoured via Route 176 northbound to I-490 eastbound to I-77. Speed limit will be reduced from 60 to 50 mph and fines will be doubled for violations in the construction zone.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.