Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Interstates 76 and 77 in Akron: I-77 between I-76 (Kenmore Leg) and state Route 162/Copley Road will have lane restrictions from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly for resurfacing until further notice.
• East Thornton Street, between South Broadway and Wolf Ledges Parkway: Closed over the railroad tracks for bridge rehabilitation until Aug. 1. Detours are posted.
• Memorial Parkway, west of Hickory Street: Reduced to one lane for each direction at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway bridge for bridge replacement until the end of May. Full closing of the road will be required for certain phases of the project but only on weekends. Detours will be posted. Access will be maintained to all roads, park entrances and driveways on both sides of the bridge.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue; South High Street, right lane between Cedar and Selle streets; Cedar Street, right lane between South Main and South High; Selle Street, north lane between South High and South Main; and Main Street, east lane between Selle and Cedar.
• Wilbeth Road, between Dallas Avenue and Manchester Road: Full-depth reconstruction and paving, including removal of the concrete median, until the end of July. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
• Third Avenue, between Kelly Avenue and Innovation Way: Closed to all traffic for bridge replacement over the Little Cuyahoga River until the end of May.
A detour is posted.
• North Street, between Valley Street and Goodwin Street: Closed until about Saturday to repair flood damage to the road caused by a water main break.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• State Road, between Graham Road and Quick Road in Cuyahoga Falls: There will be lane restrictions for road widening until further notice.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through late October. Robinson Avenue just east of Manchester is closed through mid-June. A detour is posted.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August.
• State Route 82 eastbound to I-271 northbound entrance ramp in Macedonia: Closed until the completion of the Highland Road bridge project. Detour is Macedonia Commons Boulevard to state Route 8 to I-271.
• State Route 421, between U.S. 224 and U.S. 42: Restricted to one lane of traffic for resurfacing. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in mid-October.
• State Route 3, at its intersection with Reagan Parkway in Medina: There are intermittent single-lane closings for an intersection improvement project. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in August.
• I-71 near the interchanges with state routes 18 and 303: There will be intermittent single-lane closings or shoulder closings for noise-wall replacement. Two-to-three lanes of traffic will be maintained at all times. It is to be completed in August.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and the Summit County line: Reduced to one lane of traffic for a rehabilitation project. It will be completed in September.
• River Styx Road, between Trails End Drive and Country Club Drive in Montville Township: Closed through July 26 for bridge replacement.
• Grafton Road, between Columbia Road and Liverpool Drive in Liverpool Township: Closed through Wednesday for culvert repair.
• Plum Creek Parkway, between Sleepy Hollow Road and Hamilton Road in Brunswick Hills Township: Closed through Thursday for culvert replacement.
• State Route 5 in Ravenna Township: Route 5 at New Milford Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction, and New Milford Road at Route 5 will be closed until further notice. Detours will be posted.
• Interstate 77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: Dueber Avenue over Interstate 77 will be closed for bridge repairs through late June. Detour is Bolivar Road to Sherman Church Avenue to state Route 627. For motorists driving on I-77 northbound from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road, there will be a two-way traffic pattern. One lane of northbound traffic will be crossed onto I-77 southbound, while the second lane will remain on I-77 northbound. However, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, I-77 northbound will be reduced to one lane. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and the Tuscarawas County line has daily lane restrictions in both directions for paving until further notice.
• U.S. 30, between state Route 43 and Trump Avenue in Canton Township: There will be lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• Cleveland Avenue, between Orion Street and Mount Pleasant Street in Plain and Lake townships: There will be paving from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly through Thursday. Traffic will be maintained.
• State Route 172, between Riverside Drive Northeast and Warner Road Southeast in Canton: Closed through early September for bridge rehabilitation over a branch of the Nimishillen Creek. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172 in Massillon: Until further notice, there will be daily lane restrictions from just west of 17th Street Northeast to just east of 27th Street Northeast for resurfacing.
• State Route 172, between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue in Perry Township: There will be lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 21 southbound under U.S. 30 in Massillon: Reduced to one lane for bridge repairs Tuesday evening through Wednesday morning, 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• State Route 21 in Massillon: Route 21 northbound under state Route 172 will have occasional lane restrictions through early June for bridge repairs.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through mid-August for road repairs. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 62 and state Route 183 in Alliance: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions for resurfacing on U.S. 62 between Freshley Avenue and North Federal Avenue, and between McKinley Avenue and Route 183. Route 183 between College Street and Mill Street will also have restrictions.
• State Route 21, between U.S. 62 and Lawndell Road in Navarre: Closed over the Tuscarawas River through mid-October for bridge replacement. Detour is U.S. 62 to U.S. 250. Also, Route 21 between the Tuscarawas County line and U.S. 62 will have lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• Columbus Avenue northbound, at its bridge over U.S. 30 in Wooster: Closed for repairs until early June. Both northbound lanes will be closed over the bridge but the southbound lanes will remain open. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 30, between state Columbus Avenue and Jefferson Road: Restricted to one lane of traffic as part of a smooth seal project until late June. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times in each direction.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.