Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Memorial Parkway closing for bridge replacement: Closed to through traffic starting early Saturday morning through Sunday evening to place a new bridge over the parkway for the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway. It is located between Hickory Street and Aqueduct Street. Traffic will be detoured via Cuyahoga Street, Howard Street, Main Street, Market Street and Merriman Road. Access will be maintained to all roads, park entrances and driveways on both sides of the bridge. The road will reopen as soon as practicable.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue; South High Street, right lane between Cedar and Selle streets; Cedar Street, right lane between South Main and South High; Selle Street, north lane between South High and South Main; and Main Street, east lane between Selle and Cedar.
• Wilbeth Road, between Dallas Avenue and Manchester Road: Full-depth reconstruction and paving, including removal of the concrete median, until the end of July. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
• Third Avenue, between Kelly Avenue and Innovation Way: Closed to all traffic for bridge replacement over the Little Cuyahoga River until the end of April. A detour is posted.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• Mayfair Road bridge over Heckman Ditch, between Graybill Road and Heckman Road in Green: Closed until about Saturday for bridge maintenance and erosion repair. A detour will be posted.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Robinson Avenue just east of Manchester Road will be closed through early May. Detour is Manchester to Portage Lakes Drive to Cormany Road. Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through late October.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August 2013.
• State Route 82 eastbound to I-271 northbound entrance ramp in Macedonia: Closed until the completion of the Highland Road bridge project. Detour is Macedonia Commons Boulevard to state Route 8 to I-271.
• State Route 3, at its intersection with Reagan Parkway in Medina: There are intermittent single-lane closings for an intersection improvement project. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in August.
• I-71 near the interchanges with state routes 18 and 303: There will be intermittent single-lane closings or shoulder closings for noise-wall replacement. Two-to-three lanes of traffic will be maintained at all times. It is to be completed in August.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and the Summit County line: Reduced to one lane of traffic for a rehabilitation project. It will be completed in September.
• River Styx Road, between Trails End Drive and Country Club Drive in Montville Township: Closed through July 26 for bridge replacement.
• River Corners Road, between Chatham Road and Old Mill Road in Spencer Township: Closing Monday and Tuesday for bridge repair.
No current projects to report.
• Interstate 77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: Dueber Avenue over I-77 will be closed for bridge repairs through late June. Detour is Bolivar Road to Sherman Church Avenue to state Route 627. For motorists driving on I-77 northbound from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road, there will be a bidirectional traffic pattern. One lane of northbound traffic will be crossed over onto I-77 southbound, while the second lane will remain on I-77 northbound. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and the Tuscarawas County line has daily lane restrictions in both directions for paving until further notice.
• State Route 172 in Massillon: Until further notice, there will be daily lane restrictions from just west of 17th Street Northeast to just east of 27th Street Northeast for resurfacing.
• State Route 172, between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue in Perry Township: There will be lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 21 in Massillon: Route 21 southbound under state Route 172 will be closed until mid-May for bridge repairs. A detour is posted. Also, Route 21 northbound will have daily lane restrictions.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through mid-August for road repairs. A detour is posted.
• State Route 21, between U.S. 62 and Lawndell Road in Navarre: Closed over the Tuscarawas River through mid-October for bridge replacement. Detour is U.S. 62 to U.S. 250. Also, Route 21 between the Tuscarawas County line and U.S. 62 will have lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• Columbus Avenue northbound, at its bridge over U.S. 30 in Wooster: Closed for repairs until the end of May. Both northbound lanes will be closed over the bridge but the southbound lanes will remain open. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 30, between state Columbus Avenue and Jefferson Road: Restricted to one lane of traffic as part of a smooth seal project until late June. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times in each direction.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.