Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Interstate 77, between Graybill Road in Green and the central interchange: There will be nightly lane restrictions in both directions from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Thursday night through Monday morning for pavement repairs.
• Dart Avenue, between Cedar Street and State Street: Reduced to one lane for an excavation project. Also, two exit lanes entering Dart from state Route 59 just north of Exchange Street will be reduced to one lane. It is expected to last through Nov. 9.
• Firestone Parkway, between Wilbeth Road and Firestone Boulevard: Closed until mid-November for road reconstruction. Also, Firestone Boulevard will be closed between South Main Street and Firestone Parkway but access will be maintained to the Bridgestone parking deck and parking lot for Firestone Stadium. Detours will be posted.
• Wilbeth Road, between Dallas Avenue and Manchester Road: Lane restrictions for reconstruction and paving through the end of October.
• Copley Road/state Route 162, between Mercer Street and the Medina County line: There will be daily lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue; and South High Street, right lane between Cedar and Selle streets.
• Cedar Street and Broadway, at the intersection: The right lane of Cedar approaching Broadway and the right lane of Broadway from Selle to Exchange will be closed for construction until further notice.
• Locust Street, between Cedar and Exchange streets: Closed for construction until the end of December. Detours are posted.
• East Market Street, between Fountain Street and Arlington Street: Lane restrictions through November for work to upgrade traffic signals.
• Harrington Road, between Warner Road and Swartz Road: Closed until late in 2014 for dam repair and bridge reconstruction. Access to park entrances will be maintained. A detour is posted.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• Yellow Creek Road bridge, about one-third mile east of Cleveland-Massillon Road in Bath Township: Closing over the creek until Oct. 18 for bridge rehabilitation. Detours will be posted.
• State Street, between Robinson Avenue and Highland Avenue in Barberton: Daily lane restrictions for resurfacing through early October.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through late October.
• State Road, between Graham Road and Quick Road in Cuyahoga Falls: There will be lane restrictions for road widening until further notice.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and state Route 21 in Summit County: Narrowed lanes of traffic for a rehabilitation project until further notice. The I-76 westbound exit ramp to state Route 94 will be maintained with narrowed lanes for repair work.
• State Route 18, near the square in Medina: Intermittent lane closings for paving until December. Delays should be expected. Work will now focus on state Route 57 from Lexington Ridge to Route 18. That section is expected to be completed by Monday.
• West Smith Road, eastbound lane from the railroad crossing west to Lake Road in Medina: Closed just east of 850 W. Smith Road until further notice for road repairs. The road will be open to westbound traffic only. A detour is posted.
• Granger Road, between Weymouth Road and Bagdad Road in Medina Township: Closed through Nov. 14 for bridge rehabilitation.
• State Route 421, between U.S. 42 and U.S. 224: Reduced to one lane of traffic for resurfacing until October. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times in each direction.
• Smith Road, between River Styx Road and Champion Creek Boulevard in Montville Township: Closed until Oct. 25 for replacement of a bridge guardrail.
• Mattingly Road, between Ridge Road and River Road in Hinckley Township: Closed through Friday for replacement of a bridge guardrail.
• State routes 14, 183 and 225 in Edinburg, Palmyra, Atwater and Deerfield townships: There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing on Route 14 between Tallmadge Road and Route 225, and on Route 183 between Route 14 and U.S. 224 until further notice.
• U.S. 224, in Suffield, Randolph and Atwater townships: U.S. 224 between the Summit County line and state Route 183 has lane restrictions through mid-October for pavement repairs. Between Hartville Road and Route 44, U.S. 224 is reduced to one lane with a traffic signal through late October for bridge replacement.
• U.S. 224, between Diver Road and the Mahoning County line in Deerfield Township: There will be daily lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 5 in Ravenna Township: Route 5 at New Milford Road has daily lane closings for roadway construction until later in October.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: For motorists driving on I-77 North from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road, there will be a two-way traffic pattern. One lane of northbound traffic will be crossed onto I-77 South, while the second lane will remain on I-77 North. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and Fohl Road has nightly lane restrictions in both directions for road work until further notice.
• U.S. 30 and Harrison Avenue in Canton: U.S. 30 between I-77 and Raff Road has daily lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• Marquardt Street, Easton Street and Schneider Street in Plain Township: Those streets intersecting the Stark County bike trail will have daily lane restrictions for signal placement until further notice.
• Harrison Avenue and Dueber Avenue over U.S. 30, between Navarre Road and 15th Street in Canton: Daily lane restrictions for bridge repair through late September.
• State Route 619, between Market Avenue Northwest and state Route 43 in Hartville: There will be daily lane restrictions for signal upgrades until further notice.
• State Route 172 in East Canton and Osnaburg and Paris townships: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions for resurfacing maintained by flaggers between the East Canton limits and the Columbiana County line.
• State Route 172, between Riverside Drive Northeast and Warner Road Southeast in Canton: Closed through late November for bridge rehabilitation over a branch of the Nimishillen Creek. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172 in Perry Township: Route 172 between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue will have lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through late October for road repairs. A detour is posted.
• State Route 21, between U.S. 62 and Lawndell Road in Navarre: Closed over the Tuscarawas River through mid-October for bridge replacement. Detour is U.S. 62 to U.S. 250. Also, Route 21 between the Tuscarawas County line and U.S. 62 will have lane restrictions for resurfacing until late October.
• State routes 44 and 171 in Waynesburg and Sandy and Osnaburg townships: Route 171 between the Carroll County line and state Route 183 is now open, but will have daily lane restrictions for resurfacing. Until further notice, Route 44 between state Route 43 and U.S. 30 will have daily lane restrictions for resurfacing.
• State Route 800, between Westbrook Street and Elson Street in Pike Township: Closed until mid-October for slope repair. A detour is posted.
• I-71, from just north of U.S. Route 250 in Ashland County to the Medina County line: Intermittent lane closings for a road maintenance project until October. Two lanes will be maintained in each direction during daytime hours and one lane at night.
• U.S. 30, under state Route 3/Columbus Avenue bridge: Single-lane closings will remain in place as well as nightly intermittent ramp closings for painting. The project is expected to be completed in mid-October.
• State Route 3, from just south of Sterling Road to I-76 in Medina County: Reduced to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing until November. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers.
• State Route 83/Dix Expressway, between U.S. 30 and Friendsville Road: Reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road repair until further notice. The State Route 3/Route 83 southbound exit ramp to state Route 585 is closed for repair work. A detour is posted.
• State Route 302 and Madison Avenue in Wooster: Madison Avenue between state Route 83 and Liberty Street is restricted to one lane of traffic for resurfacing until October. The project includes state Route 83 between Route 302 and U.S. 250, as well.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement over Cuyahoga River Valley, Independence and Cuyahoga Heights: One lane will be closing on I-77 in both directions between Rockside Road and Grant Avenue from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly through October. The speed limit will be reduced to 50 miles per hour during those hours.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.