Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
• Dart Avenue, between Exchange Street and Center Street: Reduced to two lanes for excavation on the east side of the street through Nov. 9.
• Firestone Parkway, between Wilbeth Road and Firestone Boulevard: Closed until mid-November for road reconstruction. Also, Firestone Boulevard will be closed between South Main Street and Firestone Parkway but access will be maintained to the Bridgestone parking deck and parking lot for Firestone Stadium. Detours will be posted.
• Wilbeth Road, between Dallas Avenue and Manchester Road: Lane restrictions for reconstruction and paving through the end of October.
• Lane restrictions caused by construction fencing: Until further notice, several streets will have lanes blocked by fencing. These include: East Exchange Street eastbound, right lane between Allyn and Sumner streets; and West Exchange Street, left lane between Bowery Street and Wabash Avenue.
• Cedar Street and Broadway, at the intersection: The right lane of Cedar approaching Broadway and the right lane of Broadway from Selle to Exchange will be closed for construction until further notice.
• Locust Street, between Cedar and Exchange streets: Closed for construction until the end of December. Detours are posted.
• East Market Street, between Fountain Street and Arlington Street: Lane restrictions through November for work to upgrade traffic signals.
• Harrington Road, between Warner Road and Swartz Road: Closed until late in 2014 for dam repair and bridge reconstruction. Access to park entrances will be maintained. A detour is posted.
Other road construction:
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• I-271, between Broadview Road and the Ohio Turnpike in Richfield and Richfield Township: There will be lane restrictions during nonpeak traffic hours for road construction until further notice.
• Yellow Creek Road bridge, about one-third mile east of Cleveland-Massillon Road in Bath Township: Closed over the creek until Oct. 18 for bridge rehabilitation. Detours will be posted.
• Manchester Road in Coventry Township: Manchester Road from just south of Proehl Avenue to just north of Cormany Road is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for road widening through late October.
• State Road, between Graham Road and Quick Road in Cuyahoga Falls: There will be lane restrictions for road widening until further notice.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and state Route 21 in Summit County: Narrowed lanes of traffic for a rehabilitation project until further notice. The I-76 westbound exit ramp to state Route 94 will be maintained with narrowed lanes for repair work.
• State Route 18, near the square in Medina: Intermittent lane closings for paving until December. Delays should be expected. Work will now focus on state Route 18 in the square and east of the square from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly through Friday. All paving is now complete on state Route 57, between Lexington Ridge and Route 18.
• Granger Road, between Weymouth Road and Bagdad Road in Medina Township: Closed through Nov. 14 for bridge rehabilitation.
• State Route 421, between U.S. 42 and U.S. 224: Reduced to one lane of traffic for resurfacing until later in October. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times in each direction.
• Smith Road, between River Styx Road and Champion Creek Boulevard in Montville Township: Closed until Oct. 25 for replacement of a bridge guardrail.
• Mattingly Road, between Ridge Road and River Road in Hinckley Township: Closed until Wednesday for replacement of a bridge guardrail.
• Rittman Road, between Trease Road and Seville Road in Wadsworth Township: Closing Tuesday and Wednesday for a culvert extension.
• Pawnee Road, between Simcox Road and Holshoe Road in Harrisville/Homer townships: Closing Tuesday through Thursday for a culvert extension.
• State routes 14, 183 and 225 in Edinburg, Palmyra, Atwater and Deerfield townships: Route 225 just south of Yale Road will be closed through mid-October for bridge repairs. Detour will be I-76 to Route 14. There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing on Route 14 between Tallmadge Road and Route 225, and on Route 183 between Route 14 and U.S. 224 until further notice.
• U.S. 224, in Suffield, Randolph and Atwater townships: U.S. 224 between the Summit County line and state Route 183 has lane restrictions through mid-October for resurfacing. Between Hartville Road and Route 44, U.S. 224 is reduced to one lane with a traffic signal through late October for bridge replacement.
• U.S. 224, between Diver Road and the Mahoning County line in Deerfield Township: There will be daily lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 5 in Ravenna Township: Route 5 at New Milford Road has daily lane closings for roadway construction until later in October.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: For motorists driving on I-77 North from the Tuscarawas County line to Fohl Road, there will be a two-way traffic pattern. One lane of northbound traffic will be crossed onto I-77 South, while the second lane will remain on I-77 North. I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and Fohl Road has nightly lane restrictions in both directions for road work until further notice.
• U.S. 30 and Harrison Avenue in Canton: U.S. 30 between I-77 and Raff Road has daily lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• Marquardt Street, Easton Street and Schneider Street in Plain Township: Those streets intersecting the Stark County bike trail will have daily lane restrictions for signal placement until further notice.
• Clarendon Avenue, Harrison Avenue and Dueber Avenue over U.S. 30, between Navarre Road and 15th Street in Canton: Daily lane restrictions for bridge repair through early October.
• State Route 619, between Market Avenue Northwest and state Route 43 in Hartville: There will be daily lane restrictions for signal upgrades until further notice.
• State Route 172 in East Canton and Osnaburg and Paris townships: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions for resurfacing maintained by flaggers between the East Canton limits and the Columbiana County line.
• State Route 172, between Riverside Drive Northeast and Warner Road Southeast in Canton: Closed through late November for bridge rehabilitation over a branch of the Nimishillen Creek. A detour is posted.
• State Route 172 in Perry Township: Route 172 between Woodlawn Avenue and Eden Avenue will have lane restrictions for drainage repairs and resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 183, between Ely Street and Prospect Street in Alliance: Closed through late October for road repairs. Also, Route 183 at Union Street is closed for intersection improvements. Detours are posted.
• State Route 212, between state Route 93 and U.S. 250 in Beach City: Closing on Oct. 14 for water line installation. Detour will be state Route 93 to U.S. 250.
• State Route 21, between U.S. 62 and Lawndell Road in Navarre: Closed over the Tuscarawas River through mid-October for bridge replacement. Detour is U.S. 62 to U.S. 250. Also, Route 21 between the Tuscarawas County line and U.S. 62 will have lane restrictions for resurfacing until late October.
• State routes 44 and 171 in Waynesburg and Sandy and Osnaburg townships: Route 171 between the Carroll County line and state Route 183 has daily lane restrictions for resurfacing. Until further notice, Route 44 between state Route 43 and U.S. 30 will have daily lane restrictions for resurfacing.
• State Route 800, between Westbrook Street and Elson Street in Pike Township: Closed until mid-October for slope repair. A detour is posted.
• I-71, from just north of U.S. Route 250 in Ashland County to the Medina County line: Intermittent lane closings for a road maintenance project until further notice. Two lanes will be maintained in each direction during daytime hours and one lane at night.
• U.S. 30, under state Route 3/Columbus Avenue bridge: Single-lane closings will remain in place as well as nightly intermittent ramp closings for painting. The project is expected to be completed in mid-October.
• State Route 3, from just south of Sterling Road to I-76 in Medina County: Reduced to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing until November. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers.
• State Route 83/Dix Expressway, between U.S. 30 and Friendsville Road: Reduced to one lane of traffic southbound for road repair until further notice. Work on the northbound lane is now complete. The state Route 585 entrance ramp to state Route 3/Route 83 South is closed for repairs until Oct. 14. On Wednesday, the Route 3/Route 83 southbound exit ramp to U.S. 250/U.S 30 West will also close for repair work until Oct. 14. Detours are posted.
• State Route 302 and Madison Avenue in Wooster: Madison Avenue between state Route 83 and Liberty Street is restricted to one lane of traffic for resurfacing until later in October. The project includes state Route 83 between Route 302 and U.S. 250, as well.
• State Route 226, at its intersection with East South Street in Shreve: Closed for sewer repairs until Oct. 29. A detour is posted.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement over Cuyahoga River Valley, Independence and Cuyahoga Heights: One lane will be closing on I-77 in both directions between Rockside Road and Grant Avenue from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly through October. The speed limit will be reduced to 50 miles per hour during those hours.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.