WAYNE TWP.: An electrical worker was electrocuted while helping a crew replace a power pole early Wednesday in Wayne Township.
Wayne County sheriff's officials said Thomas Otto, 52, an employee of Thompson Electric, was pronounced dead at Wooster Community Hospital.
Deputies said Otto, a Lisbon resident, was among a crew replacing power poles near Smithville Western and Geyers Chapel roads at about 8 a.m.
Otto was standing on the ground touching a bucket truck when the truck's boom made contact with a 7,200 volt power line, deputies said. Otto was knocked unconscious.