Special to the Beacon Journal
- Akron Zoo closed through Tuesday
- Stow Municipal Court closes due to weather; county court remains open
- Arctic blast shuts schools throughout Ohio
- Subzero ‘polar vortex’ pushes frigid air across U.S.
- Wind chill warning expires across region Wednesday
- Even ski resorts shut down by bitter cold snap; casino, too
- Stow providing shelter for residents without heat
- Norton reschedules council committee work session
- Stow recreation programs cancelled
- Revere school board postpones 2014 organizational meeting
- Richfield closes village offices, cancels council meeting
- Area closings and delays
- Doctors urge caution as thermometer drops
- Cold weather could extend holiday break for schools
- Jan. 25, 1985, was Ohio record for wind chill with readings of 70 to 80 degrees below zero
- Homeless shelter prepares for rise in clients as temperatures drop
- Akron schools to remain closed Tuesday
- Akron City Council meetings cancelled today
- How to prevent and deal with frozen pipes
GREEN: Because of frigid weather and schools being closed through Tuesday, the Green Board of Education’s first meeting of 2014 has been postponed until Wednesday.
Treasurer Eydie Snowberger said the meeting, originally scheduled for Monday evening, also will move from the Central Administration Building to Green High School.
The board’s two new members, Sally Fanelly and Katie Stoynoff, will be sworn in with Bob Campbell, who will be starting his third four-year term.
The organization meeting and selection of a new president will begin at 6 p.m. The regular meeting will follow.